Looking for a fun and easy craft or gift idea that comes from Goodwill? With just a few dollars, you can make a cool piece of decor that will have everyone asking how it was made; a record bowl!
Here’s how you do it:
Head over to your nearest Ohio Valley Goodwill and pick out a few records. If you want, check out the labels to see if you like the color. Make sure they aren’t records you’ll want to listen to in the future! I chose these two classics.
2. When you get home, heat your oven to 200 degrees F.
3. Next, you need an oven safe bowl or mug to shape your record. A bowl will make a bigger record bowl and a mug will make a tighter bowl. I used my handy-dandy Goodwill mug for this. The taller the mug the better. Apologies for the state of my oven. This is what happens when your husband cooks frozen pizza directly on the rack!
4. When your oven is preheated, place the record centered on the mug/bowl.
5. Watch the record very closely. This happens within 2-4 minutes, so I recommend staying close by.
6. Once the sides of the record droops, use oven mitts and pull it out. Still using mitts, quickly shape the bowl around the mug in your desired shape. This may take some practice. If you don’t like how it looks, stick it back in the oven for a minute and try again.
I could use this bowl for kids art supplies, jewelry, or even food. Just make sure you line with foil or a towel if you put snacks in it!
I also made one using a bowl to mold, check out the gallery to see how it turned out! I think I like it even better than my first one! Happy DIY-ing and tag us on social media if you make one of these!